Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy St. Patricks' Day!

In honor of all of our favorite Irish Holiday, I thought I would share with you a quilt I finished a few weeks past. Okay, okay, it is actually a take on the Scottish Heritage, but it is green and plaid, so close enough in my book!




This is Miles' Quilt. Miles has 3 siblings - all of which have quilts, but him. For his birthday he asked for a Scottish Quilt. Now, this was one I had not heard of...but Miles had a vision. so we worked together to create the quilt he was dreaming of. Okay - can I just say, "how cool is that?" for a young lad to have a vision about a quilt! Miles wanted Scottish plaids, as many as we could find, green and he loved the idea of having some mathmatical organization to the design. This is what we came up with! It was really fun trying to create what he was envisioning.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all! May you find the luck of the Irish - and a little corned beef.

No comments: