Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday Bazaar

I attended a artist craft fair before Christmas with some very talented women. It was at my friend, Chris Modera's home. What a lovely day we had. Lots of old friends stopped by to surprise us, and lots of new friends made throughout the day.
Here is Chris, with her adorable pooch

Chris's home was the perfect place to hold the event. It is filled with so many creative and beautiful things and oh so festive! You can't help but get into the holiday spirit. Chris has a booth at the Alameda Antique Fair http://www.antiquesbybay.com/ and has filled her home with wonderful antique treasures. Chris had so many creative, handmade items there, all with a vintage style of her own.
Darling little antique button magnets
Lovely boxes covered in vintage music sheets
and topped with bits of antique jewelry
Sparkly little boxes that look like yummy cupcakes
Notecards all spruced up with lace and bows

and my favorite - Tiny little stocking and mitten ornaments made out of cashmere!

I have a few on my tree!!!


Talented jewelry artist, Amy Honigman-Tobe joined us. Her work was so unique and beautiful! Many items had an antique piece worked into them, others showed off precious stones. Her table was very busy all day. Lots of ooohs and ahhhs!



Relaxing Sensations www.relaxingsensations.com had lovely aromatherapy bath and body goodies. I found a few of these in my stocking Christmas morning, "Bliss" Herbal bath salts and All Natural Soaps in Peppermint and Apple Spice. I can't wait to try them out!



And tucked in the back of the house was a pleasant surprise for all the guests. One-of-a-kind handmade linen pillows featuring beautiful women's vintage handkerchiefs by Sandy Bails & Nancy Lyons of Talk Softly.

Beautiful down pillows made out of vintage linens


If that wasn't cool enough, they each had a wonderful epigram printed on the back for a little added surprise! All I can say is wow. They were so amazing. Not only were they beautiful and creative, but the craftsmanship was perfection.

I came home with two for my bed!!!


I didn't take too many photos of my own products. Okay, okay, basically none. But here are little "jewels" for the coffee table - coasters that I had at the show. Thay are made out of those gorgeous Burmese and Thai silks from Bohemian Element http://www.bohemianelement.com/page/page/2686373.htm. I always come home from quilt shows with a small stash of these and finally found something fun to do with them!










No comments: