Friday, May 29, 2009

Spring Market

Remember me? I used to be a blogger.
I just can't seem to multitask. I either spend a lot of time taking photos, blogging and thinking of fun things to share OR I'm plopped in front of my Bernina and never look up the whole day. Hmmm, such a problem....Anyhow, lots of new things to share. So check back often for new pics.

To Market, to Market
Pittsburg was lovely. Seriously. I had (I think) the best hotel room in the city. This was my view - 9th floor, Renassaince Hotel, directly across from the ball park. There was a Pirates game all three nights that I was there. (I knew the hubby should have come with me.) They block off the 6th street bridge so that fans can walk to the stadium. The first night I was there I woke (ok, I was jet lagged and went to bed early) to fireworks ending the game. My whole window was filled with sparkle. What a sight.

Market? Oh yes, market! Lots to do, see and plenty of people to catch up with. So many wonderful new fabrics out this spring. Congratulations to Bari Akerman http://www.barijonline.com/ for her new debut line of scrumptious fabrics, Full Bloom. Sandy Klop did it again with a cute as a bug booth sporting her newest line, "Happy Camper"

http://www.unitednotions.com/un_main.nsf/american-jane. I was ready to pull up a camp chair and start toasting s'mores!

But as always, it was good to get home. I dove directly in to two art quilts that needed to be finished and didn't come up for air until today. I will post them next, so stay tuned!! Little tidbits at a time, friends.

No comments: