Monday, October 19, 2009

Rainy Day Soup Recipe

It's cold and wet today. Definitely a soup day. But I was too lazy to go to the market. After rummaging through the cupboard, I came up with a great split pea curry soup that I thought I would share with you! Hopefully, you will have everything on hand, as I did, and make it tonight!

Split Pea Curry Soup
1 yellow onion
4 cloves garlic
3 stalks of celery
4 carrots
1 cup yellow and green split peas
1 large can italian flavored chopped tomatoes
4 cups chicken broth
3 small potatoes
1 tbsp curry

Chop all vegetables and saute with olive oil in a large soup pot until onions are transparent. Add chopped tomatoes and chicken broth. Rinse split peas and add to soup pot. Simmer for 1 hour. Chop potatoes into 1 inch cubes and add to pot. Add curry, salt and cracked pepper. Simmer until lentils and potatoes are done.

I had some naan bread in the freezer and warmed it up in the oven to serve with the soup. It was perfect - and so easy. Yum!

No comments: