Monday, November 3, 2008

Houston Quilt Market

Hi All!
Well it was a wild and crazy week for me at Houston. I definitely stepped out of my box in so many ways, I can't even count!! As some of you know, I took my designs (what I have been drawing for the past 2 solid months) to market to see if I could drum up some interest getting a line of fabric printed. Everyone was so supportive and positive. Each person I met, led me to another - I think that is what they mean by networking - eh?

Well lo and behold, it looks like you will see a line of quilting and home fabrics printed with my name on them by Spring Market!!! I don't want to jinx anything, so I am not mentioning any names until all the i's are dotted and the t's are straightened out... but let's just say, I am reeeeeealllllyyy happy!

Ya know, there is something to be said for us 40+ women getting back into the working world. I was very confident about my designs and ideas, but not so confident about myself. I really had to work to get past that. We all get so wrapped up in what we think others are seeing - our age, our weight, a few gray hairs... ya know what? That just didn't seem to matter once I opened my portfolio. By the time I left Houston, I felt that I was taken seriously for what I had worked very hard on. What a great feeling. I think everyone reading this should try to take something away from my lesson of life. Don't sell yourself short - step out of your box - and follow your passion!

No comments: